The IPTS sets itself the objective of consistently delivering high value research results to its institutional customers which at the same time comply with the highest professional standard.
In order to pursue this objective IPTS management and staff are committed to deploying the following policy:
1. IPTS continuously improves its performance by implementing a process-based Quality Management System compliant with the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
2. IPTS pursues quality throughout the entire research process, from conception to delivery. It defines on yearly basis quality objectives in line with corporate JRC policies, complemented with IPTS-level objectives as appropriate. Such objectives are regularly reviewed, at least once per year.
3. IPTS regularly assesses customers' short, medium and long term needs and expectations. Customers' satisfaction in connection with IPTS services is systematically evaluated.
4. IPTS fosters a culture of quality, participation and responsibility among its entire staff. Staff satisfaction is regularly assessed.
5. IPTS manages data and knowledge to meet the needs of informed decision making at all levels of the organization.
6. IPTS actively engages in mutually beneficial external relationships with scientific partners.
7. IPTS continuously improves its environmental performance based on compliance with the ISO 14001:2004 standard. It performs all operations fulfilling the applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to environmental aspects relevant to the organisation.
8. IPTS is committed to reducing the main environmental impacts of its activities such as the generation of wastes and consumption, with the purpose of reducing pollution. In order to achieve these objectives, IPTS
- encourages staff to reduce as much as possible the use of paper for publications and disseminate them in electronic format.
- encourages all staff to follow good environmental practices (such as reducing paper, toner consumption and waste generation).
- promotes a good environment practice among contractors and providers.