The mission of the Sustainable Production and Consumption Unit is to support EU policy-making by providing objective, quality-controlled socio-economic analyses and technical support regarding key aspects of sustainable consumption and production. The unit develops and applies analytical modelling capabilities, performs economic analyses and impact assessments, and carries out techno-economic characterisations of selected technologies products and processes.
- Conducting quantitative techno-economic analysis and modelling in regard to environmental and sustainability policies
- Identifying, characterising and assessing environmental technologies
- Providing clear, understandable and correct information on the environmental performance of products
- Supporting the implementation of European Product Policy, in particular Eco-design, Eco-label and Green Public Procurement Policy
- Supporting the implementation of the Waste Framework Directive
- Coordinating the exchange of information among experts on "best available techniques" for different industrial processes in support of the IPPC Directive
Contact the Sustainable Production and Consumption Unit